Today, I ended up taking over the fourth grade class for a period since the main teacher had to leave early. The kids finished up their assigned work pretty fast so I showed them the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal on my laptop.
It’s kind of surreal that the current generation of kids has never heard of the Sailor Moon (“This kind of reminds me of Winx Club.” “THIS CAME FIRST.”). Still, I’m happy that they enjoyed it.
They were in awe of the beginning, they squealed when Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion leaned forward to kiss, they thought the skirts were too short (darn you conservative upbringing!), they laughed at Usagi’s morning antics, they could immediately tell that Luna would end up being constantly tired of putting up with Usagi, they wondered if Sailor V was the princess since she was the one with the crescent moon on her forehead (huh), they couldn’t stop giggling at the horrible Engrish that was Moon Tiara Boomerang…
They really got excited and want to watch the next episode! If their reactions are the norm for kids their age, I hope that when Crystal gets dubbed, it’ll be on television.
Always nice to see characters in different outfits. Nicer that PokeSpe’s using the in-game clothing options. Interestingly enough, Diantha’s wearing male clothes. (It’s of course possible that I didn’t get the colors right.)
Camo Cap Olive
Wide-Frame Sunglasses White
Camo Pants Green
Ankle Socks Green
Weird Al’s polka medleys are always the bomb, man.
- "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus
- "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People
- "Best Song Ever" by One Direction
- "Gangnam Style" by Psy
- "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen
- "Scream & Shout" by will.i.am feat. Britney Spears
- "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye feat. Kimbra
- "Timber" by Pitbull feat. Kesha
- "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO
- "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz
- "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell
I never got the fact that Blue wanted to catch an ancestral rare mirage pokemon just to sell it.
Not sure if retarded or if plain epic.
Given what we know of her from future chapters, she was most likely lying and wanting to add it to her arsenal to use against the Masked Man.
So yeah, this eleven year old girl was sneaking into Team Rocket bases and stealing from them so that she could get justice against the man who ruined her life. I’d say that’s plenty epic ^-^.
Whether Ruby and Sapphire will be in their mid-teens or their early twenties, practically everyone’s going to go through some visible aging that will make them look older than their official game artwork. Let’s see, I’m just going to go over the five revealed Gym Leaders…
- Roxanne’s probably going to be a full-fledged teacher now rather than a mere honors student. If you flattened her skirt so that it’s a pencil one and swap her Mary Janes for something else, her clothes won’t look so much like a school uniform.
- Brawly looks younger in his ORAS artwork compared to his RS one. He needs to get BUFF. Like, Bruno buff.
- Yeah, Wattson’s going to be the one who doesn’t look any different. ^-^. Maybe now he’ll just be complaining about his bones more.
- Hm, I guess Norman could get a few wrinkles. If Yamamoto feels like being extra cruel, Norman can get a receding hairline.
- HOT HOT HOT.
quote by Nora Ephron
Between my summer job and working out, I won’t have much time to post over the summer. I’ll still try to get to fic requests later!
No seriously, considering all the sparkles and light in this image, I will be severely disappointed if Kusaka doesn’t explicitly confirm that Sycamore is in love with Lysandre.
You can just see the kids judging Sycamore so hard right now for defending his boyfriend, who essentially threatened to kill them and passed it off as a joke.